Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lung tonic

Respiratory issues are huge. And hitting them naturally is a HUGE thing. My kids LOVE this and ask for more and more. Try this for any lung issues...or for general maintenance.

2-4 garlic cloves, depending on size
1 large red onion
2 tb of raw organic honey
Juice of 1 lemon

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Peel and cut onion into strips
Put onion on a baking sheet
Bake 20-25 minutes (I use the smell test, if you can smell the onion, take it out)
Peel garlic cloves
Put onion and garlic into a food processor or blender and liquefy. If needed add a little water to get it all moving and blending.
Add lemon juice and honey.
Keep in the refrigerator covered.
If VERY sick, take a tb every 2 hours. Minor sickness, take a tb at every meal.

2 comments:

  1. This doesn't sound like something my kids would beg for, but I'm going to try it the next time someone's sick. How long does it keep in the refrigerator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've kept it a week before, I wouldn't recommend much longer than that. Seriously, my kids love it, maybe they're a little strange =)

    ReplyDelete